About
Located on a slope running from north to south, the mosque was built in 1685 AD (1096 AH), according to the inscription above its entrance gate. Some sources mention that this inscription is a restoration inscription and that the mosque was built together with the Suluhan, completed by Grand Vizier Nasuh Pasha in 1613. It has a nearly square rectangular plan. The three-eyed rear prayer area is covered with domes. The harim is covered with a dome approximately 12 m in diameter, resting on an octagonal drum. A single-balconied minaret rises at the northwest corner. The mihrab is made using plaster molding techniques and is decorated with Rumi-style borders, rosebud and wheel motifs. The crown section is formed in the shape of a palmette series. It was restored in 2008.